Frequently Asked Questions
- Each team must pay a $32 fee to the umpire at each game.
- Each team must provide a brand new “Clincher Double Header” softball (green box) to the umpire before the start of the game.
- Each team must have two women in the game (fielding and in the line-up). Failure to have two women will result in a forfeit.
- If the batter (male) walks before a woman hitter, the hitting team has the option of taking an automatic walk.
- No arguing, cursing, or abuse of the umpires is allowed.
- Any verbal or physical abuse of the umpire or opposing players will result in immediate suspension from the game, and likely further action by the League Board/Commissioner.
- Games are scheduled to begin on the half-hour (11:30, 1:30, 3;30 etc). A team may request up to a 15-minute delay in the start of the game if they are waiting for players.
- Runners may not “lead.” Runners may not leave the base until the pitch crosses home plate.
- All runners must slide or “give themselves up” when they come to a base, where the fielding team is making a play. No colliding into opposing players.
- Hitters must use the “courtesy base” outside the foul line when running to first base.
- Outfielders may not position themselves on the infield dirt of adjacent fields. Outfielders may pursue a ball hit into another infield, but cannot be standing on the infield dirt of another field before a ball is hit.
- Players may only play on one team.
Please check on the full rules for further information.